A home is a place where we go everyday, and we prefer going to places that make us feel the same way, cozy and comfortable. Having said that, a home should evolve on a daily basis. You can do so by making small but significant changes that suit your personality. You don’t need to make big changes when you get bored of the same interiors, same old chair, same sideboards and same TV. Also, the changes I am talking about are pocket friendly and will boost your mood like no other thing would.
- Celebrate Festivals: Each festival has its own charm and they are celebrated with their specific décor. Holi has rangolis, diwali has lamps and rice lights, christmas has its tree and the list goes on. Festivity brings happiness in the house, making you joyful, as well as the guests who come to visit you.
- Changing Drapes and Bedsheets: We should have different drapes for different seasons, dark drapes for summer, lighter ones for winter. Bedsheets should be a contrasting color, so that when we change them, we would feel that we’ve changed something in the room.
- Scented sticks: Do yourself a favour, get 3-4 different kinds of scented candles and incense sticks. Instead of using only one fragrance, keep switching them to change the mood. You can also read about aromatherapy and select fragrances accordingly.
- Music: Since when is music a part of interiors? I agree, it's not! But the topic in discussion is more pragmatic than aesthetic. So the solution can be found in non physical things as well. Having a powerful and good quality bluetooth speaker helps in elevating the mood. Play your favourite songs randomly and may be dance on them.
- Photo gallery: Now, we all have photo frames, which have close up shots of mom and dad. Ditch those boring photo frames, there are enough websites and apps that can provide you with ready photo frames. Keep changing photos every now and then so that you have something new in your room.
Hope these ideas help you create a soothing and relaxing environment in your house without being monotonous.